Friday, February 16, 2007

The purpose of this blog..

Hello reader(s),

I am publishing this blog because, well, because the University of Delaware has made BUAD477 a required course to graduate. And, I'm planning on graduating. We are partaking in a semester-long project making our own personal blog. We will be subscribing to other author's blogs on bloglines.com, as well as editing and maintaining wikipedia articles of our choice. We will be working in groups and commenting and helping each other throughout the semester on our blogs. Everything is maintained by our professor, Alex Brown. This is his blog. However, it is our class blog that is kept up by him, but I am sure he has a personal blog as well.

Also, I have chosen to edit the following Wikipedia articles:
Red Bull (a drink, I worked for them)
Iron and Wine (a band, a good one- check them/him out here.)
Big Fish (my favorite movie)
Longport, New Jersey (my home. well, sort of.)

2 comments:

Joel said...

Lauren, glad to see another Iron & Wine fan. I actually just saw Sam Beam (the main guy from Iron & Wine) along with David Bazan (Pedro the Lion) in concert a few weeks back at Messiah College. It was a great show, he played 6 or 7 new songs that are gonna be on their new album that comes out this fall. The songs were great, it's gonna be a good cd!

lauren said...

hey,
small world but i was at that show! no joke. up in the stands in the back. it was awesome. a long and cold drive but it was well worth it. how weird is that!