Wednesday, April 25, 2007

in honor of Alex Brown being out of the country for the past few days, I will double my efforts of blogging my deepest thoughts. for one, here is this ridiclous article I found on slashdot's blog right here: la la laa
basically, the article says that one of the last independent radio stations in Russia obtained new management who were apparently very loyal to Putin. The management ordered the news readers that they had to report at least 50% positive news. In addition, opposition leaders could not be mentioned on the air. FURTHERMORE, the United States are to portrayed as an enemy.

WHAT! I can't believe this. This is so manipulative and completely takes away from freedom of speech. Granted, this is Russia, who has many different laws and regulations than we do. But it baffles me that people are subjected to living this way.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Wow, you are completely right I cant belive it. I really never think about how free we really are. We can have our own blog and really talk about anything that we want.